1/3 C milk
¼ C butter
¼ C lukewarm water
1 package dry yeast (2 ¼ t)
¼ or ½ C brown sugar
½ t sea salt
¼ t saffron (optional)
2-3 C whole wheat flour
1 T coconut or other healthy vegetable oil
1 egg (another for brushing)
1 T water
You’ll need a couple of clean cloth kitchen towels to cover the dough to raise.
Cover the dough to raise.
1. Warm milk, add butter cut into pieces. Stir. Turn off heat
2. Put warm water in large bowl, sprinkle yeast and stir well. Wait 5 min.
3. Add milk and melted butter to yeast. Stir in sugar, egg, salt.
4. Add 1 ½ C flour and stir until smooth. Add more flour until you can shape the dough into a ball. Save some flour for kneading.
5. Put dough on floured cutting board; dust your hands with flour.
6. Knead the dough for 10 min. it should spring back when you poke it with your finger. Cover dough with towel while you clean.
7. Spread cooking oil in large bowl. Roll dough in oil until coated.
8. Cover bowl with towel and set in warm place to rise for ~45-60 min.
9. Divide dough into sections and roll into 8 in rope, divide in 2
10. Cross the 2 ropes in the middle and coil the ends in circles
11. Place buns in greased cookie sheet. Cover with towel, for 30-45 mins.
12. Preheat over to 350, mix egg and water with fork.
13. Brush this mixture over the top of each bun before putting them in the oven. Decorate with raisins.
14. Bake buns for 15-20 mins., until golden brown.
Opcional: Insertar pasas en las esquinas de los panecillos
Poner con brocha el huevo batido justo antes de hornear
Más Recetas eco-amistosas
Más Recetas eco-amistosas aquí.